What should you ask a wedding officiant?
This is a question you probably never really thought about when you first started planning your wedding. What type of wedding officiant best suits your personality and the vision for your wedding? As a professional wedding officiant in Ontario and Quebec, I provide a number of different services, from quick, easy, legal wedding services fully customized wedding ceremonies.
There are so many types of couples out there. Some couples don’t have any questions beyond how much do you charge and where and when are you available. Others just need a person to perform their wedding ceremony and sign their marriage license. For some, the ceremony isn’t all that important and that’s ok! Other couples are looking for the perfect person to marry them and they have a lot of questions.
Whatever your approach is, its important that you feel at ease asking questions. You should also be able to be honest about what you expectations are, because let’s face it, its YOUR wedding. Below is a list of questions that you should consider when talking with a potential wedding officiant.
- Do you travel to the place I’m getting married?
- Do you charge an extra fee to travel to my venue?
- Will you marry us?
- Do you perform LGBTQ weddings?
- Do you perform interracial weddings?
- Will you perform an interfaith ceremony?
- Will you perform a completely non-religious ceremony?
- What do you require from us before you will marry us?
- How much do you charge?
- What’s included in the fee?
- Are there hidden fees?
- Is a consultation included?
- Is the rehearsal included?
- Is there a written contract?
- What happens if something happens to you and you can’t officiate our wedding?
- How long will the ceremony be?
- Can I read the ceremony ahead of time and control what is said?
- What do you wear?
- Are you legally qualified to marry us?
- Can you accommodate our wishes?
- Can we have family or friends participate?
- Have you performed a wedding at our venue before?
- How many weddings have you performed?
- What time will you arrive?
- Have you ever missed or canceled a wedding?
- Will you accommodate our photographer and videographer?